In consideration of my player being permitted to participate in the sport of baseball, and for other good and valuable consideration, I hereby agree to release and discharge from liability arising from negligence Momentum Baseball LLC and its directors, officers employees, agents, volunteers, participants, and all other persons or entities acting for them (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Releasees”), on behalf of myself and my children, parents, heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate, and also agree as follows:
1. I acknowledge that the sport of baseball involves known and unanticipated risks, which could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis or permanent disability, death, and property damage. Risks include, but are not limited to, broken bones, torn ligaments, bruises, and other bodily injuries as serious as death, disability or blindness, caused by contact with baseballs, bats, other participants, or structures like walls or fences, or caused by uneven ground, medical conditions resulting from physical activity; and damaged clothing or other property. I understand such risks simply cannot be eliminated, despite the use of safety equipment, without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
2. I expressly accept and assume all of the risks inherent in this activity or that might have been caused by the negligence of the Releasees. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary and I elect to participate despite the risks. In addition, if at any time I believe that event conditions are unsafe or that I am unable to participate due to physical or medical conditions, then I will immediately discontinue participation.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Releasees from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity, or my use of their equipment or facilities, arising from negligence. This release does not apply to claims arising from intentional conduct. Should Releasees or anyone acting on their behalf be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
4. I represent that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may suffer or cause while participating in this activity, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further represent that I have no medical or physical condition which could interfere with my safety in this activity, or else I am willing to assume – and bear the costs of – all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
5. In the event that I file a lawsuit, I agree to do so solely in the state where Releasees’ facility is located, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply.
6. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
7. I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless Releasees from any claims alleging negligence, which are brought by or on behalf of minor or are in any way connected with such participation by minor.
8. By agreeing to this document, I agree that if I am hurt or my property is damaged during my participation in this activity, then I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against the parties being released on the basis of any claim for negligence.
I have had sufficient time to read this entire document and, should I choose to do so, consult with legal counsel prior to agreeing. Also, I understand that this activity might not be made available to me or that the cost to engage in this activity would be significantly greater if I were to choose not to agree to this release, and agree that the opportunity to participate at the stated cost in return for the execution of this release is a reasonable bargain. I have read and understood this document and I agree to be bound by its terms.
Lesson Terms and Conditions:
Release, Indemnification, and Hold Harmless Agreement:
NEW FOR WINTER 2018/19:
MBA is now offering discounted rates for private sessions while your player is in season. If you do at least 6 or more hitting sessions this winter then you are eligible for 25% off ANY AND ALL hitting sessions from the start of your season all the way through the end of summer. All you have to do is sign up for more sessions after the start of your season and, if you are eligible, the discount will automatically be applied to your bill.
The Momentum Baseball Staff provides individual and small group instruction to players of all ages and skill abilities. We offer instruction for hitting, pitching, throwing, fielding, catching and overall skills.
All hitting programs include extensive work in hitting mechanics and mental approaches to hitting. Each session includes both physical and mental aspects. Players learn and practice hitting skills which are broken down into upper and lower body mechanics. Hitting techniques are applied appropriately to individual's style of hitting and body type.
All pitching programs include extensive work in mechanics and mental approaches related to pitching. Body conditioning, warm up, and arm strengthening each class. Players learn and practice pitching skills.
Online Registration Form: